Thursday, April 14, 2011

Speed Painting - DAY 2

Picture Reference

Result

Yay. Day 2 ! ! still along way to go from 365. but, oh well .

So it was 1.56AM and I decided to do my speed painting of the day. Here's the result.

Progress so far: getting the hang of it! :) I enjoyed painting the texture of the water a lot.

Struggle: CLOUDS (again). In terms of speed, too, I'm struggling ! I'm really slow at this and couldn't manage to texturize the sand ! ! ! :((

Source: sample picture from Goro Fujita
Media: Adobe PS4

4 comments:

Mandy Green said...

Wow Sam! this is amazing!!

Jonathan R Apilado said...

Awesome job, Sam!!! I love your attention to detail. I liked this photo reference. The sand is a little bright, and darkest part of the leaves in the tree and the horizon where the deep water is could be a little darker. But your paintings are sweet. :D

Goro Fujita said...

日本語上手だね!どこで勉強したの?
It's a great start Samantha! But don't worry about the textures. They are not important for now. Try to focus on light and shadow. Look how Jonathan is breaking it down on his blog. Before starting to paint analyze the reference for light and shadow planes. Look for the darkest shadows and the brightest highlights. And try to understand what the light is doing to the individual planes. That'll help to improve your lighting.
がんばれ〜

Samantha Lo said...

アメリカに来た前に日本語のクラス取ってたんです。

thank you for your advice Goro! I will try my best not to focus on the details next time!!!

うまくなるように頑張ります!!