Thursday, April 14, 2011

Speed Painting - DAY 1


Last Friday, the awesome artist, Goro Fujita came to give a presentation to the Animation Illustration students and gave us a demo as well. He told us this thing called speed painting. It's basically painting in a limited amount of time (i.e. 40 mins - 60 mins).

I was really inspired by his own improvement since the day he starts speed painting. He did it everyday for more than A YEAR. I'm trying to do the same and hopefully I'll have the same determination as he did. :)

Anyway! This is a totally new thing for me. I've painted using photoshop before but not in the method of speed painting.

What I struggled the most for this painting: CLOUDS

So this is the day 1 painting.
Source : The Art of Spirited Away
Time: 60 mins
Media: Adobe Photoshop 4

No comments: