Thursday, May 26, 2011

Plein Air Painting 5.25.2011 - FIRST !!!!


So the next day after my last finals, I went with some friends for a plein air painting session. This was my first real plein air session and to be honest, I was nervous at first, but, believe me, it got really addictive as I went along with it. When you put that stroke down on the paper, you just want to keep on going. Well, at least that's how I felt about it :). This was actually inside San Jose State University near the Fourth Street Garage and was done with gouache on a Strathmore mixed media sketchbook.

Gouache is pretty fun to use and I feel more comfortable with it than acrylic (at least, so far). However, I need to be really careful cause it tends to get muddy.

It was a really fun experience especially also because I was doing it together with friends. As for the result, I didn't really get it at the beginning but I think it's pretty okay. I feel that I should have pushed the contrast more and also, the background needs a lot of fix.



Oh, and I also realized, I like painting trees .

Time of the day this was painted: 4pm - 5pm ish Spring

No comments: